Oxnead Hall is an elegant Grade II* listed building comprising the original service wing and coach house of the Great House with its long sweeping driveway, striking Tudor red brick, mullioned windows, and statuary. History and heritage are at the heart of Oxnead Hall which was the principal home of the great Norfolk Family, the Paston’s between the 15th and 18th centuries. – Oxnead Hall provides a variety of exquisite facilities for a day you will always remember. See the dedicated website for Oxnead Hall.
As your guests enter the Oxnead Hall Estate the grandeur of the Hall and Gardens will never fail to impress. Set in some 15 acres of stunning grounds, it is hard to imagine a more idyllic wedding venue. Oxnead Hall offers a unique and stunning location for your wedding – with beauty found in all seasons.
- Exclusive use of Oxnead Hall wedding venue on your chosen date between 12pm and 12am
- Round or long tables and limewash chiavari chairs included in the hire of the venue
- Ceremony (licensed to hold civil ceremonies) and reception all accommodated on the estate
- Wedding reception capacity of up to 200 guests (inside)
- Amplified music permitted from discos to live bands
- A dedicated wedding planner to co-ordinate your wedding day and make the entire planning process easier for you, including the setting up and clearing down of the venue
- Parking for up to 60 cars and additional parking available by arrangement
- Staff, crockery and linen are charged at an additional rate
- Have a look around
In keeping with such a historic building are the remarkable pleasure gardens at Oxnead Hall. These include extensive lawns which sweep down to a lake and the banks of the River Bure, beautiful water gardens, a dovecote, follies, fountains, a grand parterre and, a romantic walled garden all creating a magnificent backdrop for your celebrations.
- Outside ceremonies are available at Oxnead Hall – performed as a duo ceremony
- Beautiful fountains throughout the gardens
- Recorded music sound system in the ornamental garden
- An abundance of photo opportunities across The Estate
- A variety of locations for garden games, bouncy castles and more
- Once guests leave the water gardens after the drinks reception, the gates to the water garden and Orangery are closed. You and your guests then have exclusive access to the enclosed courtyard garden area next to The Long Room and Great Barn, providing the perfect location for garden games, bouncy castles and more.
A charming, ornate building overlooking the grand parterre and lake with mullioned windows and stone busts on pedestals, this light-filled room is a fabulous and flexible event space.
- Licenced for civil ceremonies for up to 50 guests
- Includes kitchen facilities
- Ideal location for arrival drinks and canapés with up to 100 guests in The Orangery itself and many more flowing out into the stunning ornamental gardens
The Long Room
The Long Room leading from the picturesque Courtyard provides a further flexible space. Internally, the exposed brick and flint wall creates a rustic feel whilst the double doors onto the courtyard extend the space.
- Licensed for civil ceremonies for up to 140 guests
- Ideal as a relaxed and quiet area away from main event in The Great Barn
The Great Barn
The Great Barn, with its striking timber beams, is an impressive space – the perfect blank canvas for you to personalise.
- Ideal to host the wedding breakfast, dancing and entertainment all in one space
- Seating up to 200 for the wedding breakfast (minimum of 80 guests)
- Adjacent to the Courtyard which provides a lovely environment for arrival drinks and canapés or after dinner chatting between your guests
Oxnead Hall Accommodation
Internally, the Hall boasts opulent décor which perfectly suits the grandeur of the house. A wedding at Oxnead Hall offers you and your guests the chance to live in real luxury.
The North Wing (from late 2018) will offer five bedrooms and four bathrooms. With a large dining room capable of seating all of the guests staying in The North Wing, a generous kitchen and snug, it’s your home away from home. There’s also the Courtyard Room, which offers three bedrooms and two bathrooms.
There are two cottages on the Estate; the Bothy is a newly renovated self-catering property, with one bedroom and bathroom, while the charming Garden Cottage (also self-catering) has four bedrooms and four bathrooms.
Close to Norwich, the coast and the Broads National Park, Oxnead is a wonderful setting with a wealth of brilliant local accommodation to choose from if your wedding party is larger than the accommodation at the Estate itself.
Not only can wedding couples have a civil ceremony at Oxnead Hall (in The Gardens, The Orangery or The Long Room), there is also the opportunity to marry in the beautiful 13th Century Church of St Michael, immediately adjacent to the Walled Garden and hidden away by woodland, or in St Andrew’s in the nearby village of Buxton.
- The Church of St Michael can accommodate 90 guests seated with an extra 10 standing
- Couples wishing to marry in St Michael and who are not resident in the local area are likely to be required to attend at least 6 services but arrangements must be made directly with the Vicar
Food and Drink
- Our own in house catering team headed up by executive chef Keith McDowell
- A choice of standard menus or the ability to create a bespoke menu tailored to your wishes for your day
- An excellent wine list and alternative beverage selection for all elements of your celebration
Have a look at the food and drink we offer: www.uniquenorfolkvenues.co.uk/menus