Oxnead Hall is an elegant Grade II* listed building comprising the original service wing and coach house of the Great House with its long sweeping driveway, striking Tudor red brick, mullioned windows, and statuary. History and heritage are at the heart of Oxnead Hall which was the principal home of the great Norfolk Family, the Paston’s between the 15th and 18th centuries. – Oxnead Hall provides a variety of exquisite facilities for a day you will always remember. See the dedicated website for Oxnead Hall.
As your guests enter the Oxnead Hall Estate the grandeur of the Hall and Gardens will never fail to impress. Set in some 15 acres of stunning grounds, it is hard to imagine a more idyllic wedding venue. Oxnead Hall offers a unique and stunning location for your wedding – with beauty found in all seasons.
In keeping with such a historic building are the remarkable pleasure gardens at Oxnead Hall. These include extensive lawns which sweep down to a lake and the banks of the River Bure, beautiful water gardens, a dovecote, follies, fountains, a grand parterre and, a romantic walled garden all creating a magnificent backdrop for your celebrations.
- Outside ceremonies are available at Oxnead Hall – performed as a duo ceremony
- Beautiful fountains throughout the gardens
- Recorded music sound system in the ornamental garden (otherwise only acoustic music permitted)
- An abundance of photo opportunities across The Estate
- Once guests leave the water gardens after the drinks reception, the gates to the water garden and Orangery are closed. You and your guests then have exclusive access to the enclosed courtyard garden area next to The Long Room and Great Barn, providing the perfect location for garden games, bouncy castles and more.
A charming, ornate building overlooking the grand parterre and lake with mullioned windows and stone busts on pedestals, this light-filled room is a fabulous and flexible event space.
- Licenced for civil ceremonies for up to 50 guests
- Ideal location for arrival drinks and canapés with up to 100 guests in The Orangery itself and many more flowing out into the stunning ornamental gardens
The Long Room
The Long Room leading from the picturesque Courtyard provides a further flexible space. Internally, the exposed brick and flint wall creates a rustic feel whilst the double doors onto the courtyard extend the space.
- Licensed for civil ceremonies for up to 140 guests
- Ideal as a relaxed and quiet area away from main event in The Great Barn
The Great Barn
The Great Barn, with its striking timber beams and exposed flint wall, is an impressive space – the perfect blank canvas for you to personalise.
- Ideal to host the wedding breakfast, dancing and entertainment all in one space
- Seating up to 200 for the wedding breakfast (minimum of 80 guests)
- Adjacent to the Courtyard which provides a lovely environment for arrival drinks and canapés or after dinner chatting between your guests
Oxnead Hall Accommodation
Internally, the Hall boasts opulent décor which perfectly suits the grandeur of the house. A wedding at Oxnead Hall offers you and your guests the chance to live in real luxury with 13 bedrooms included in your booking at Oxnead.
The North Wing offers five bedrooms, with a large dining room capable of seating all of the guests staying in The North Wing and more, a generous kitchen and snug, it’s your home away from home. There’s also the Courtyard Room a short distance away, which offers three bedrooms.
The charming and newly renovated Garden Cottage has four bedrooms, living room and fully equipped kitchen. The Bothy which is a self contained ensuite bedroom then completes the accommodation that must be taken with the hire of Oxnead.
If your wedding party requires even more accommodation there is also another cottage on the Estate that can be added on to your booking, Hall Cottage is a newly renovated self-catering property with three bedrooms.
Close to Norwich, the coast and the Broads National Park, Oxnead is a wonderful setting with a wealth of brilliant local accommodation to choose from if your wedding party is larger than the accommodation at the Estate itself.
Not only can wedding couples have a civil ceremony at Oxnead Hall (in The Gardens, The Orangery or The Long Room), there is also the opportunity to marry in the beautiful 13th Century Church of St Michael, immediately adjacent to the Walled Garden and hidden away by woodland, or in St Andrew’s in the nearby village of Buxton.
- The Church of St Michael can accommodate 90 guests seated with an extra 10 standing
- Couples wishing to marry in St Michael and who are not resident in the local area are likely to be required to attend at least 6 services but arrangements must be made directly with the Vicar
FOOD AND DRINK
- Our own in house catering team headed up by executive chef Keith McDowell
- A choice of standard menus or the ability to create a bespoke menu tailored to your wishes for your big day
- An excellent wine list and alternative beverage selection for all elements of your celebration
Have a look at the food and drink we offer here.
With thanks to DK Photography, Andy Davison Photography, Luis Holden Photography, Clare Butler Photography, Emma Chapman Photography, Rock and Rose Photography, Chris Taylor Photography, Claudia Rose Carter Photography, Paul Joseph Photography and Gentleman Photographer for providing these wonderful images.