Saturday 28th May 2016 welcomed Ben and Hannah to the Great Barn at Manor Mews to become Mr and Mrs Herring.
In what was to be an amazing wedding weekend, Ben and Hannah and their guests checked into the Manor Mews Luxury Cottages on Friday for the weekend ready for all the celebrations to start. The barn looked beautiful with bunting hung delicately throughout the ceiling and candles and flowers by Polly Louise Flowers filling the tables perfectly.
After an evening of relaxation and final preparations Saturday rolled around and Hannah enjoyed getting ready surrounded by her nearest and dearest, whilst Ben enjoyed the sunshine with his groomsmen outside their cottage. At 2pm it was time to official join hands in marriage – what a lovely ceremony it was! There weren’t many dry eyes in the room, and it was clear how in love Hannah and Ben were!
Post ceremony guests flowed into the garden at Manor Mews, enjoying Gin + Tonics and Sparkling Elderflower in the sunshine. Canapés then followed and what a delicious selection;
• Slow Cooked Pork Cheeks with Apple
• Spiced Cajun Chicken with Sour Cream
• Deep Fried Bread Crumbed Risotto Balls finished with Parmesan Cheese
• Warm Tartlets of Confit of Onion Marmalade with Pine Nuts and Feta
• Oat Cakes with Binham Blue Cheese and Sweet Grapes
• North African Lamb and Mint Fritters with Yoghurt
At 5pm it was time to sit down for the wedding breakfast where guests enjoyed for starter and main course;
• Norfolk Ham Hock Terrine, Salted Cauliflower, Pickled Cucumber and Picalilli Dressing
• Free Range Pan Roasted Chicken Breast, Sage and Onion Pomme Puree, Charred Baby Leeks, Crispy Skin and Jus Gras
Speeches took place between main course and dessert before the meal was finished off with;
• Glazed Lemon Tart with Raspberry Sorbet and Clotted Cream
After the speeches Hannah and Ben cut their Brownie Tower! Which looked and smelt absolutely divine.
The evening guests then arrived and it was time for the band The Cassettes to kick of the evening with the first dance. The band was great – and the dance floor was packed all evening (minus the break for Chips and Brownies!).